Leta i den här bloggen

onsdag 11 maj 2016

Moshe Ya´ish Naharin (Z"L) perheen Alijah Jemenistä

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/His-last-words-before-being-shot-and-killed-were-I-will-remain-a-Jew-453789

 “My eight siblings and I were born and raised in the Jewish tradition in the city of Raydah in Yemen. My father was dedicated to his family and his community and taught us to treat others with kindness and to love the Torah. One bright day, he went out to shop for Shabbat and never returned,” said Nahari's sixteen-year-old daughter, who shared the story of her father's murder in Yemen in 2008, when she was only nine years old.

“A stranger accosted my father and demanded that he convert to Islam and abandon his Jewish faith. My father refused and responded in his characteristically gentle way, ‘I will remain a Jew and you will remain a Muslim.’ The man pulled out a gun and shot my father several times. Our family as I knew it no longer existed. Our lives were shattered and full of fear. The murderer’s family threatened us, and hatred of Jews increased. In 2009, three of my siblings and I fled to Israel with the assistance of The Jewish Agency, and in 2012 we were reunited with our mother and smallest siblings, who also made Aliyah,” she said.

"The entire Nahari family made Aliyah after their father’s murder and was successfully integrated into Israeli society. The final 19 Jews of Raydah made Aliyah this year, along with some 30,000 Jews from around the world and 60,000 Jewish young people who have participated in Israel experience programs. We will continue to strengthen the connection between Jews and Israel around the world in order to ensure that the final words of Jewish journalist Daniel Pearl and Jewish teacher Moshe Ya’ish Nahari - ‘we are Jews and we will remain Jews’ - live on.”

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar